Mouth-watering, scrumptious chocolate orange truffles, this lovely French recipe for chocolate orange truffles is surprisingly easy to make. Perfect for after dinner, when you have guests or if you’re just feeling plain piggy!
150ml double cream
2tbspn liquid glucose
375g dark chocolate
Cocoa powder (to dust)
Zest of 2 oranges
65g butter (room temperature)
1. Place the cream, chocolate honey, glucose and orange zest into a bain marie and melt. (A bain marie is where the ingredients are in a bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water.)
2. Dice the softened butter and stir into the melted ingredients.
3. Stir in the brandy to the mixture, remove from the bain marie and allow to cool.
4. Put mixture into a piping bag and pipe small balls onto a large tray.
5. Put in refrigerator to set for at least 3 hours, then roll in cocoa powder.
6. Freeze in an airtight container, and simply defrost half an hour before serving.
These can be made weeks in advance if you keep them in the freezer in an airtight container, containing cocoa powder. Shake them up before serving and take them out half an hour before.