Welcome to the The Good Life France Magazine Winter 2017 – completely free to read online, to download a PDF and to subscribe to – and it always will be.
Just click on the link to access the online version or download a PDF to read later:
This issue is bursting at the seams with gorgeous photos and absolutely fabulous features.
Features in this issue
- A tale of 2 cities: the incredible old city and the 800 year old “new” city at Carcassonne.
- Le Weekend in Orange, Provence. Home to a legendary Roman theatre, we look out what to see and do, where to eat out, the best places for aperitifs and more
- Winter sun in the south. The Mimozas Resort near Cannes is the perfect winter destination.
- Nip to Nimes – this vibrant city, wickedly hot in the summer, with a Roman footprint and architectural wonders is truly irresistible.
- Nice Carnival – the perfect winter pick me up. A feel good, real good, joyful humdinger of an event plus 5 top things to see and do in the city.
- Paris at Christmas. Our local friends in the city share their top tips including 15 things to do on Christmas Day!
- Du Pain, du vin, du train to Laval. This lovely, ancient city in Mayenne just an hour and a half from Paris, is stunning.
- On the historic trail of the “green fairy”. Absinthe is making a comeback in France!
- A visit to the newly opened Yves Saint Laurent Museum in Paris.
- Ski-daddle to the Alpes d’Huez for a ski family to suit the whole family.
- The Paris fashion district is perfect for lovers of haberdashery.
- We’ve got two rows of vines in iconic vineyards to give away. You’ll own them for a year and get a bottle of wine made from “your grapes”.
- We’ve got 2 return ferry tickets from Dover to Calais/Dunkirk.
- And, we’ve got some brilliant books for you to win. Enter all the competitions and keep your fingers crossed!
Recipes, Your photos and more
- How to make a scumptious buche de Noel (French yule log cake) at home
- Make a Galette des Rois (King’s Cake), the traditional cake of the New Year in France
- Enjoy our short story on finding oh la la in Paris! And there’s a tale about French style cooking that’s not for the faint hearted.
- The ever popular Your Photos and the photo of the year
- Check out our financial advice and living in France guides for expats. Plus the Good Life in Gascony, how an expat gave up everything to follow a dream…
- Find out how to hire a long term rental car for non-European citizens with a scheme that may save you money.
If you enjoy this issue – please share it, it’s totally free!