A classic French recipe for chicken in vin jaune (yellow wine) with delicisous morel mushrooms.
Ingredients for 4 people
½ bottle vin jaune (yellow wine)
40g dried morel mushrooms
1. Rinse the mushrooms in water and then soak for about 8 hours
2. Cut the chicken into 4 piece and fry in a little butter
3. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the flour and pour over ¼ bottle of vin jaune to cover the chicken and season
4. Simmer the chicken for about 40 minutes (uncovered) and check to make sure it’s cooked through
5. Add the cream, mushrooms and the remaining yellow wine just and heat through.
Serve with rice and a nice glass of vin jaune.