Chicken with champagne sauce – sounds impressive, looks impressive and tastes fabulous – but it is actually a very simple dish to make.
If you don’t want to use champagne for this French recipe you can use a dry white sparkling wine instead and save the champagne to drink with the meal!
Ingredients for 4 people
1 whole chicken 1.5 kg
2 tbsp plain flour
25 g of butter
½ bottle of champagne brut
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces
2. Season each piece and roll the pieces in the flour, shake to remove excess flour.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and add the chicken, brown all over and then remove and set aside on a plate.
4. Deglaze the pan with a glass of champagne and boil. As the champagne evaporates, return the chicken pieces to the pan, add another glass of champagne and simmer until cooked through.
5. Remove the cooked chicken pieces from the pan and add the rest of the champagne, a knob of butter and season as necessary until you have a sauce consistency.
5. Serve the chicken pieces with pasta and pour the champagne sauce over.