This is one of our favourite recipes for using up bananas… there always seem to be “going black” bananas on top of our fruit bowl and we tend to get fed up with Banana Bread or Fruit Salad… We do like Banoffee Pie… But that is hugely calorific so we tend not to make that very often!
So see what you make of our biscuits aux bananes et avoine – oaty banana tray bake!
225g Self-Raising Flour
100g Porridge Oats
2 Medium Bananas
Caster Sugar for sprinkling!
1. Cream the sugar and margarine.
2. Add the flour and oats and rub together to make a crumbly mixture.
3. Put half the mixture in the baking tray and level it smoothly to cover the tray.
4. Mash the bananas and cover the mixture on the tray carefully.
6. Put the remaining mixture over the top and smooth over again until level.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool and sprinkle with caster sugar.
9. Cut into squares or bite size pieces and serve with a pot of tea!
Until next time…