Indulge in this delicious chocolate-orange desert, silky-smooth, lusciously decadent and oh-so easy to make!
Ingredients for 3
220g (1 cup) white chocolate
Zest of 1 orange plus orange for segments
2 egg yolks
25ml orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier, Cointreau or Triple Sec)
50g (1/4 cup) dark chocolate, to grate as garnish
- Place chocolate in a bain-marie (bowl over the top of a saucepan with boiling water) until it is melted. Doing it this way helps stop the chocolate from splitting.
- Then whisk the egg yolks and Grand Marnier in a clean bain-marie until they’re fluffy and pale in colour then remove from heat. This is called a sabayon.
- Add the orange zest to the sabayon, mix well and then fold into the melted white chocolate.
- Whip the cream in a clean bowl until you can create a soft peak, then fold this into the white chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses you want to serve this delicious desert in, and chill for at least two hours.
- To serve, segment your orange and place a couple of pieces on top of each glass, then finely grate a little dark chocolate over the top to really finish it off in style…
Recipe by the chefs at Walnut Grove Cookery in France