Camping in France with kids is all about having fun and adventure. Making memories and eating delicious French food – freshly baked croissants for breakfast, scrumptious picnics with crunchy baguettes and piquant cheeses. It’s about escaping from your daily routine, experiencing the freedom of the great outdoors and enjoying great activities, wonderful scenery and nature.
Tent, mobile home, caravan in France
Camping is one of the most popular holidays in France. There’s so much variety for where to go, where to stay and accommodation. All you need to do, is figure out what you want from your camping holiday.
Want to stay in a tent? Well there’s masses to choose, you can take your own and pitch up at any number of campsites. Or you can rent one at a campsite and they range from just a couple of rooms to truly fabulous. Tents with all mod cons or even exotic yurts are available.
How about a mobile home? If you’ve got really young children, you might prefer to have a few more home comforts and security against poor weather. There’s a vast range of styles available including mobile homes with bathrooms, even hot tubs on private terraces and their own pools! Or you can take your own campervan/caravan.
There are prices to suit all, from great value to glamping, across all areas of France.
Camping in France campsite comparison website
Why camping in France is perfect for families
- Easy to get to! With low cost flight availability, numerous ferry ports and Eurotunnel – there’s plenty of choice.
- Kids Clubs. Many camps offer clubs from one year up to teens. Keeps the kids amused and making new friends while parents can relax.
- Swimming and sports. If this is what floats your boat, you’ll find that there are some truly amazing pool complexes in French campsites. With great weather, especially in the south, kids love to spend time splashing about. And, with water slides, spashzones and all sorts on offer, your kids (and you) are guaranteed pool fun!
- From archery to cookery lessons, workshops, art classes and more, many campsites in France offer a plethora of activities to keep the whole family entertained. You can often hire bikes to enjoy quiet roads or designated family friendly cycle routes. You might choose a campsite with or near a lake and enjoy boating fun! You’ll never run out of things to do!
- Choose a campsite near a town or village with bars, bistros and tourist attractions for a great choice of things to do in the day and at night. Or enjoy organised activities at the campsite. Many organise evening entertainment for the whole family. Quizzes, karaoke, talent shows, games nights and performances are on offer. Or gazing up at an unpolluted sky, looking for shooting stars on a balmy evening might be your thing.
Family Camping in Languedoc
The Languedoc region is great for family camping holidays. It’s sunny, there are loads of places to visit, great beaches and gorgeous countryside, historic cities, culture, castles and sports galore. The Languedoc really does have something to suit the whole family.
Between the beautiful cities of Montpellier and Sète, lie the vast white sandy beaches of Frontignan Plage, a typically Mediterranean resort. For families who love the seaside it’s perfect. There are tons of activities from horse riding to bike hire, great facilities, restaurants and bars, kids clubs and much more. If you’re after a relaxing holiday, with really great accommodation (air conditioning is widely available) it doesn’t get much better than this.