Spring is an excellent time of year to head to the slopes in France. The snow conditions are superb; the days are longer and warmer; the slopes are quieter; the local flora and fauna come back to life; prices are lower and France’s mountain resorts put on a range of fun events for kids and adults alike.
4 Great reasons to Ski France in the Spring
1. Great conditions. Snow depths are typically deepest all season in March and into April and 2015 year looks no different. Heavy snowfalls across France throughout February and with more forecast into March should set up an excellent spring season. And with France’s multitude of high-altitude ski areas, you can count on great conditions until the end of the season.
2. Longer and warmer days. This is particularly good news for beginners and kids, as the snow is softer and the weather generally warmer, making for a more welcoming environment for learning to ski or snowboard. Also great news for freestylers, who love the softer landings in the snowpark! Freeriders and ski-tourers too have more choice in spring: between powder snow on the north faces, and “spring snow” on east, south and west facing slopes.
3. Non-ski and Après-ski activities. The warmer temperatures mean lunches on the terrace, deck chairs and après-ski parties in the sunshine! Longer days mean more time, whether you want to pack even more into the day, or take things at a more leisurely pace, there’s plenty of time for either approach.
4. Price and choice: with high season over there is much more choice and superb deals to be had on everything from accommodation, lift passes, equipment hire, and lessons to non-ski activities.
6 Apres Piste & Fun Things to do
1. Portes du Soleil: Rock The Pistes 15th-21st March: Free music festival on stages on the slopes across the ski area. 2015 headliners Charlie Winston, Dub Inc and The Dø
2. Alpe d’Huez: Snowboxx Festival 21st-28th March: Having outgrown its old home in Andorra, this super-popular dance music festival has sized up and relocated to Alpe d’Huez. World class dance music acts, stunning stages and installations, sell-out crowds and fun guaranteed!
3. Tignes: BRITS Festival 21st-28th March: A week-long action sports and dance music festival, hosting the British freeski and snowboard championships during the day, and huge parties in the afternoon and evening.
4. La Plagne: Subli’Cimes 5th-16th April: 6 themed summits across the ski area: Beach party, Zen chillout, Polar safari, Extreme sports, Family/Kids, Giant inflatable characters.
5. Les Arcs: Spring Final 12th-21st April Concerts & DJ Sets, Acrobatic paragliding demos, Waterslide Beach Party, Golf on the pistes, Slackline, BBQs
6. Courchevel Féria Blanche Weekend 18th-19th April A fun-filled weekend of with 29.30€/day adult lift passes, beach parties, kids’ activities, ski tests, local business clearance sales, ski-doo rides, biathlon and much more.
For full details of all Skiing Into Spring special offers at www.skiingintospring.com