Ski Holiday in France by train – book your tickets soon for the winter season
If you are heading to the ski slopes by train this winter, Voyages-sncf.com advise it is important to book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The winter bookings window opens approximately 2 months ahead of available dates for instance if you want to travel on 1 December, tickets will be available 1 October.
The popular resorts of the French Tarantaise region are served by high speed day and overnight services from Paris to Bourg St Maurice, Chambery and Moutiers, while Chamonix is easily reached from St Gervais les Bains.
Reaching the ski slopes by train is becoming ever more popular as increasing numbers of skiers realise that it is a viable alternative to air travel. Key advantages include:
• Generous luggage allowance and no additional charges for ski carriage
• Short or non-existent check in time
• Travel into the heart of the mountains rather than a distant airport, no need for long transfers
• More relaxing way to travel with a moving landscape you can relish
• More time on the slopes due to the early arrival and late departure of the overnight train
Although rail trips may be of longer journey duration than by air, the bonus of avoiding parking, queues, check-in, security and coach transfers, make for a less stressful travel experience, leaving skiers ready to make the most of their time on the slopes.
Reservations and information
To find out more about taking the train this winter, visit www.voyages-sncf.com